Searching...
Friday, January 17, 2014

‘Shinyor’, not a Movie; it's an ‘Answer’ actually!!



So, the calendar of Assamese Film in 2014 is all set to start with the ‘Scream’.
Yeah, the title of first Assamese Film going to be released in this New Year is ‘Shinyor’, means scream. The film is releasing today (17th Jan’14) and I had the privilege to attend the premier show held yesterday at Gold Cinema at Paltan Bazar, Guwahati. Now before saying anything about the film and find out the ‘good’ or ‘bad’s, I would like tell you all something that I feel when watching it with my colleague and some senior cine-journalists. For me, ‘Shinyor’ is not merely a movie, it’s an answer. And it’s really a strong one.
It’s an answer to the questions which have been rising since long.
The question may be whether new Assamese Filmmakers can ever think beyond the imaginary boundary they have created for themselves in making an ‘assamese film’. Or it may be the question of whether regional filmmakers would concentrate on commercial aspect rather than going for a foreign award or something else like getting the filmmaker tag behind his or her name.And last, but not the least, the new flick is also can be termed as the answer to those who have been blaming assamese film for not getting balanced with the pace of time and ignorance towards the desires of audience. The most important thing, this answer is by a young brigade of artists having both the dream and ability to do something new what can be widely acceptable. So, like every other member of the crew, I too feel very glad to be a part of this journey as it really carries a lots of hope and makes the expectations higher.

A ship of dreams and.... the savior :

Kangkan Rajkhowa, my friend, is the director of this film. But rather than saying ‘Shinyor is Kangkan’s Film’, I would like to term ‘Shinyor’ as Kangkan’s dream. It’s his struggle, his dedication and of course his unusual patience that brings Shinyor to silver screen. He started making this film single-handedly with his limited hard-earned money and the help of some friends. But it was not enough to make a film and at a moment he felt like his ship of dreams about to sink. Thankfully Sanjive Narain, the producer, comes up and shoulders all the responsibility to bringing Shinyor to big screen. He is the man who showed trust on the dreams and courage of this young and undoubtedly talented brigade and as a result, Shinyor is releasing today all over Assam. So, a big thank to Sanjive Narain for making this happen amidst all your projects and I really appreciate for taking the brave decision of releasing the film just one week before the release date of Salman Khan’s film. I agree, if our film works and loved by the people, nobody can put it down from theatre. Not even Salman Khan!

The Film & Musical Extravaganza:


I think I would not be biased if I say ‘Shinyor’ is the most commercial and youth-oriented Assamese film I have watched ever. The best part of the film is that though it tells a serious and totally relevant story but in a manner the audience wants to watch it. There is always been a risk factor while the filmmaker deals with a bold topic which usually been kept under cover and has not been talked much. But it is good to see that Kangkan Rajkhowa not only taken the risk but also has done justice to it. Not going by the thought of making an ‘Assamese Cinema’, he tries to go beyond with the thought of ‘Cinema’ only, which should have global appeal and relevance. Apart from direction, Pradip Daimary’s cinematography is really superb. All the casts including Priyashree Kashyap ( The new talk of town), noted actor Bhagirathi, very talented Pranami Bora, Gyanendra Pallav,Amitabh Rajkhowa, Jharna, Achinta, Parbin, Abhijeet, Vaishali, Tridib all have done splendid job with their respective roles. Bhaskar Sarma's Sound is awesome as always.
& Music? Should I still have something to tell about Shinyor Music? I think not. It is Anuraag Saikia’s music which takes Shinyor to another level. Really great job my bro. Anuraag’s magic, I mean music, would definitely linger in people’s mind for a long time. Usually when we, I and Anuraag, work together and find something very excellent and interesting, we used to say two words to express our satisfaction over it. But now as I can’t say the other word here, so I would like to say Anuraag, only ‘Mojja’ for yours lovely music. Zubeen Garg, Arijit Singh, Neer, Sidd, Gorisha, Bornali all have added colours to the music of the film by their variety of voice. Really glad to be part of the team and for getting the opportunity to write ‘Bixakto Suma’ song for the film. Cheerz to the co-lyricists Ibson Lal Barua, Sameer & Manas.

Shinyor & a word of Munin Barua :

It had happened many times that I found noted filmmaker Munin Barua at doorsteps when I come out from the film premier show and I used to ask him about his opinion. Most of the times he smiles only without saying anything and in some cases he says ‘Thikei Aase Aaru’, means ‘It’s okay’. It could be easily understood the quality of the films in his eyes when he says nothing and only smiles. So, his reaction towards Shinyor was very important for me, especially because I related to it and I already had said enough to him before about the film.
So, after watching the movie when I asked him how it is, I really don’t know what I was expecting. But thankfully he utters a word,‘Borhiyaa’, means excellent, and it was enough!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!